April 8, 2011
St. Cloud VA Health Care System
St. Cloud, Minnesota
Contact Barry Venable, Public Affairs Officer, (320) 255-6381, Barry.Venable@va.gov
April 4, 2011
Physically Disabled Veterans Turkey Hunt
The 7th Annual Physically Disabled Veterans Turkey Hunt is scheduled for April 19-21, 2011, at Camp Ripley near Little Falls.
News media representatives are invited to cover the event on April 20 and 21. Prior coordination is required to access the hunt. Please contact Barry Venable at (320) 255-6381 or Dennis Erie at (320) 255-6394 to arrange coverage opportunities.
Facts of Interest:
7th Annual Physically Disabled Veterans Turkey Hunt
• Forty-eight Veterans with disabilities, ages 24-90, from around the state, will participate.
• Twenty of these Veterans will be hunting from wheelchairs.
• Participating Veterans have served in World War II, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, Iraq and Afghanistan.
Event Sponsors include: St. Cloud VA Health Care System, Minnesota Army National Guard – Camp Ripley and the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources.
Events Supporters include the following Minnesota Veterans organizations:
• American Legion & Auxiliary
• Disabled American Veterans & Auxiliary
• Veterans of Foreign Wars & Auxiliary
• Veterans 4 Veterans Foundation
• Paralyzed Veterans of America.
Additional support provided by: MN National Wild Turkey Federation; Rice Sportsman’s Club; Sauk Rapids Sportsman’s Club; Minnesota Patriot Guard - Riders;
Minnesota BPOE (ELKS); Gander Mountain; and Cabala’s Sporting Goods.