St. Cloud VA Health Care System
About the Program
Social Work at St. Cloud is an important part of health care. VA social workers help veterans and their families with problems associated with the stress of an illness.
Social workers also help veterans find resources to meet their needs within the VA system and in their communities, such as:
- home health services
- legal services
- community living
Social work offers counseling:
- to veterans with drug, alcohol, and emotional problems.
- to help veterans and their families understand and adjust to an illness or disability.
- to veterans and family members who want to prepare advance directives and durable powers of attorney for health care or finances.
- to help veterans and their families cope with terminal illness.
- to family members about legal issues such as commitment and guardianship.
Counseling is offered in:
- one-to-one discussions
- family conferences
- group classes
- St. Cloud VA Medical Center
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm